AngloGold Ashanti at a glance corporate profile
- Produced 2.472Moz of gold and employed an average of 30,561 people (including contractors) in 2021 (2020: 2.806Moz*; 36,952 people**)
- Gold is our principal product. Silver and sulphuric acid are by-products at our Argentinian and Brazilian operations respectively. Quebradona in Colombia is a gold-copper project
- A significant asset base with a total gold Mineral Resource of 123.2Moz that includes a 29.8Moz Ore Reserve
- Listed on the Johannesburg, New York, Australia and Ghana stock exchanges
- Geographically diverse shareholders including the world’s largest financial institutions
- Market capitalisation of $8.8bn at 31 December 2021 (2020: $9.4bn)
- Constituent of the JSE Top 40 Index, the S&P Global CSA, the FTSE/JSE Responsible Investment Index Series (the FTSE4Good Index), the Responsible Mining Index and the Bloomberg 2021 Gender-Equality Index
* Excludes 241,000oz produced by former South African operations
** Includes South Africa operations
StrategyStrategy & business model
Board and executive management Leadership
AngloGold Ashanti is governed by a unitary board of directors, the composition of which promotes the balance of power and of authority and precludes any one director from dominating decision-making.
Our values Vision, mission, values
Our six values guide all decisions made and actions taken in the conduct of our business.